Sunday 31 January 2010

Molly Morpeth Canaday Art Awards

Well I finished my entry for the MMCAA at six thirty Sunday night with Monday being the final day for delivery. (Its tradition to cut it fine.) I had been working on this painting over a period of a few months altho I had been working on other stuff during this time also. There is a limit of two entries so as a second choice I was going to enter my Kiwi painting except I sold it two days before the entries closed. That left only "The Golden Fish" as my second entry. I have an exhibition on in the "Next Door Gallery" in Birkenhead at the moment but the fish painting was too large to transport up there.
Long Story Short - my goldfish painting was selected for the exhibition and my new painting titled "Eroding Paradise" was not selected! Whats with that?!!! But I am not complaining. There were nearly three hundred entries and only sixty chosen for the exhibition and the judge Henry Symonds only chose one painting per artist. And on the awards night he gave a fab lecture which I felt quite priveledged to attend....til next year.

4 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Murphys law! I think both paintings are fabulous, I am amazed at your talent! Congrats on getting a painting selected:)and on making a sale!

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

Gorgeous paintings Mandy. Shame the other didn't make it.

melissa said...

hmmmm....do you have that flying fish dream too? I often dream of little fish drifting around the house like slow-motion bumble bees. resting on the curtains. not sure what it means.
cool paintings! And your dolphin photos are really special!

Mandy said...

Thanks everyone. Sorry I've been out of action for a week. I've spent the last 5 days helping my Mum and Dad move into Whkatane.
Melissa, I do dream about fish often but they don't usually fly in my dreams, just in my paintings.