Tuesday 16 March 2010

New Studio

This is my new studio - a mix of science laboratory, artists studio, library and greenhouse for my carnivorous plant collection. I find that to surround myself with the things that interest me helps to stimulate my creativity. It's very small compared to my last studio, definitely a downsize but I can fit everything I need in this modest space. It may seem a little cluttered and in reality it can only get more cluttered as time goes on but more is better when it comes to my collections, skulls, insects, old cameras, shells, plants that eat things.....aaah heaven!



Pitcher plants are awesome!

This is Virgil, my venus flytrap. I feed him bugs now and then but yesterday he caught a fly all on his own!

3 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love to peek inside a studio...why am I not surprised you have bug-eating plants though??

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Yeah I try SO hard to be normal......

Mandy said...

Oh that last comment was by me, technologically challenged so still trying to work this blogger thing correctly after nearly three years. Sigh, one day I want to learn to use widgets too.